Saturday 4th September
DBSC Race Committee wishes to advise you that this coming Saturday there will be a lot of congestion in the bay.
Besides our large Green Fleet, there will be:
- Races for the ICRA Championships,
- Optimist event from the Royal St. George,
- DBSC racing from the West Pier hut for 31.7, Shipmans and Glens.
- DBSC Dinghies racing planned for Scotsman’s Bay
- Optimist Regatta fleet racing inside the harbour.
Race Officer Barry O’ Neil has asked all Green Fleet participants to be aware the race area chosen may well be some distance off the Harbour Pier Heads. This location may differ from the normal race areas as described on Course card 3 Green Fleet. A green pennant will be flown from the committee vessel.
Keep your VHF radios to hand and be alert for broadcasts from Committee Boat Freebird on Channel 72.
In order to get race 2 away in a timely manner, the race officer may decide to alter the sequence of starts. Classes are therefore advised to stay within the Committee boat area after finishing in race 1 and to observe the Flag sequencing and again to listen out on VHF Channel 72.