The Terms and Conditions herewith are applicable for the summer series and also cover the Turkey Shoot Series and Spring Chicken Series where temporary membership is included in the fee for the duration of each winter and spring series.
Membership renewal and boat entry fees for the summer series are due on 1st January and will commence upon payment of the annual subscription.
- I/we accept the Club regulations and agree to sail according to the Sailing Instructions.
- My/our boat is adequately covered by third-party insurance for DBSC races. (Minimum €3 Million)
- I/We will comply with the Class Safely Equipment rules to be established by the class.
- My/our boat will be available for inspection by the Class Safety Officer.
- Competitors sail entirely at their own risk. Dublin Bay Sailing Club Ltd. its race officers, committee and organisers shall not be liable in the event of any claim for accident or mishap.
- If my/our boat experiences damage or rig failure, early or late in the series, which prevents me/us from continuing the racing series, DBSC is not required to grant a refund of boat entry fee. Refund of Membership fees, under Memorandum and Articles of the Club, is not permitted.
- It is the sole responsibility of each helmsman/owner to decide whether to sail or not in every case.
Upon payment, in exceptional circumstances, any application for a refund of Boat Entry Fees must be brought in writing to the DBSC Committee before a decision can be made. . Cancellations must be requested within 14 days before the sailing series If successful, the applicant will be notified in writing. Please be advised that under the DBSC Club Memorandum and Articles, refund of membership fees is not permitted. The decision to refund any payment may take up to 30 days or more and the decision of the Committee is final.
Request for Boat Entry refunds must be requested within 14 days before the sailing series commences and must be submitted by the applicant whose name is on the Membership and Boat Entry Form.
Cancellations of Membership under Online Distance Regulations must be requested within 14 days of original application and must be submitted by the applicant whose name is on the membership and boat entry form to the Honorary Secretary.
1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
• what information Dublin Bay Sailing Club may collect about you;
• how Dublin Bay Sailing Club will use information we collect about you;
• whether the Dublin Bay Sailing Club will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What information will Dublin Bay Sailing Club collect about me?
3. How will Dublin Bay Sailing Club use the information they collect about me?
Dublin Bay Sailing Club will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For providing services to you in the way of sending membership information to your postal address or electronically.
- To send newsletters periodically by electronic means, giving club updates, details on events, upcoming racing series or club activities.
- Distribution of DBSC Year Book by post or electronically.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Dublin Bay Sailing Club. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- Provision of racing during winter, summer or spring series or club events. Where Dublin Bay Sailing Club proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Dublin Bay Sailing Club contact me?
Dublin Bay Sailing Club may contact you:
– in relation to the entry you have started or completed on the website to ensure that Dublin Bay Sailing Club can deliver the services to you;
– matters relating to racing or other club activates;
5. Will Dublin Bay Sailing Club share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Dublin Bay Sailing Club may be asked to contact our members from time to time on behalf of our Title Sponsor. We will not share your data with this sponsor, but may send to you electronically or by post, materials on behalf of that sponsor.
Dublin Bay Sailing Club Honorary Secretary, email@example.com